Need help now?

Lonely and excluded

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Jane500

Lonely and excluded

Hi all I’m so lonely and get excluded from so many things with my daughter . She is nearly six and I’m 55 so an older mum. It breaks my heart when my daughter is excluded from parties etc . I’m always the one reaching out for play dates , and nobody reaches out to me . My daughter is the only child and I’m wondering why nobody contacts us ! We are a nice family , normal people nothing outstanding to put people off !! I’m single and my daughter is very friendly and kind , so I don’t understand !!!! Is it my age ?
Prolific scribe
Iona_RO

Re: Lonely and excluded

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Jane500 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are feeling lonely and excluded at the moment. Being a single mum is really tough and can be really isolating, I'm really glad you've reached out for some support.

I'm wondering if you have tried joining a local mum's group to try connect with some other parents? Melbourne Mums Group has a range of events on for mums and kids that might be good to check out. It looks like they have a Facebook Group too that could be a good way to chat to some other parents too.

Do you have family/friends around to support you and your daughter? Having a support network as a single parent is so important, you don't need to do this on your own Heart