Need help now?

Single Parents?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad
Solved!

Single Parents?

I would to like to start a discussion for the single parents and the unique challenges they face parenting their teens. Not too sure what section I should start it in?? Any ideas mods?

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Sophie-RO
Solution

Re: Single Parents?

Oh wow! I love this thread idea! Starting it off light-touch is a GREAT idea, I love it and these answers are so funny!

@tenacious_dad will you go ahead and start it?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor
Mitzi

I was thinking about this too, but worried about getting good advice stuck in silos when the advice might actually benefit parent couples as well?

What about something in Chill Out along the lines of "Today I'm grateful for ..."? What if we had a thread like "You know you're a single parent when ..."

Too flippant?

Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad

Hi @Mitzi. I agree that good advice needs to be for all parents and no a light hearted coversation about any "type" of parent is not flippant!

I was thinking about a discussion thread that single parents could immediately identify with, something unique to our set of circumstances. I do think that we have challenges that parents in 'normal' families do not face.

You know your a single parent when you're a dad getting mothers day gifts.☺
Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad
Contributor
readthemanual

Bravo! Mitzi!

Yet being single parent means there's no one to dispute against your parenting ideology and skills. Children won't have a chance to play games with parents.

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad

Good points @readthemanual it can definitely have its advantages too!
Contributor
Sophie-RO
Solution

Oh wow! I love this thread idea! Starting it off light-touch is a GREAT idea, I love it and these answers are so funny!

@tenacious_dad will you go ahead and start it?
Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @Sophie-RO... Done! You know you're a single parent when... is now in the Chill Out section!