Need help now?

Help for a struggling single mother

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Mintymid

Help for a struggling single mother

Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm a single mother of three children, the eldest is 8, then 6 and 5. My middle child has been diagnosed with ADD and is on the NDIS currently for psychological support. I have been in and out of hospital both last year and this year with both physical and mental health problems for at least 2 and a half months all together and my parents (both over 70) have had to care for my children in this time. I am currently in hospital, hoping to be released in the next few days, and a nurse mentioned that it may be possible to get some sort of support with regard to house cleaning and garden maintenance as I have been unable to cope and the cleaning etc has gotten away from me.
We are currently in a private rental, just out of a 12 month lease.

If you could make some recommendations or point me in the right direction to get some help I would much appreciate it.

We are located in the Greater Dandenong area of Victoria.

Thank you!
Prolific scribe
Andrea-RO

Re: Help for a struggling single mother

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @Mintymid, to my knowledge, I believe that you can access these services through the NDIS program. I have linked the NDIS's page on services they can provide funding for here. It may be worth giving them a call to explore your options and see if your funding could possibly be increased