Need help now?

My 15 years old left home and put false allegations

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Michelle-10

I am a single parent to a 15 years old daughter. She put false allegations that I have been hitting her and is placed with Child protection.  Before that she has been pushing/testing the boundaries, talk back, comes home late, etc. After she left and while cleaning up her room (first time to enter the room, I discovered that she formed close relationship with her school counsellor who convinced her that she can have freedom if she leaves home and that my responsible parenting is a control. I discovered too that she has suicidal thoughts and self harming. She has body image issue which I thought is normal for her age.  She spends more time now with that school counsellor and has requested that the counsellor becomes her carer but child protection did not approve and approved the place as a respite because of her mental health issues.  When I am in contact with her, she keeps on testing the boundaries in a disrespectful way. I am torn between being available for her and get mistreated by her, and between taking my hands out (as advised by friends/family) and let Child protection deal with her as long as she is safe.  Any advice or support is appreciated ?  

Prolific scribe
Courtney-RO

Re: My 15 years old left home and put false allegations

Hi @Michelle-10 

I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through so much recently with your daughter and these allegations. It sounds like things have been really difficult for you while you navigate all of these new changes. I can only imagine how hard this must be to go through on your own, so I am wondering what supports you have for yourself at the moment? Do you have anyone that you feel comfortable talking to about these things, whether it be a friend, a family member or a health professional?

We are always here to support you - please feel free to post here any time.

Highlighted
Scribe

Hi.. I feel so sorry for you. It must be really painful whatever you have been going through. I have face something similar situations.
I had bad experience with child protection. They have been bias against me and supporting my children and their father.
My advice for you is to seek help with a professional psychologist and also try to have a support for family therapy to commence. Hope this helps. Wish you all the best and success. Take care
Contributor
Philippa-RO

@262656 welcome to the forums and thank  you for sharing your experience. 

That sounds such a stressful and upsetting time for you to go through.

I really like your suggestion of seeking support from a psychologist and family therapy - did you find those things helpful in your situation?
How are things going for you now?