Need help now?

Please i need urgent advice

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Benjamin04

Please i need urgent advice

I am a single father of a lovely daughter, l lost my wife 7 years ago in an automobile accident when my daughter was 10 years old, and since then, l have been going through emotional pain because l have always loved my wife so much, and l really miss her even up till date. But right now i am looking to find love again and i don't know how my lovely daughter will feel about that. I love my daughter so much and i don't want to hurt her in any way, this is why i have been a single dad for the past years now. Please how do i go about this. And advice?

Highlighted
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: Please i need urgent advice

Hi @Benjamin04, thank you for sharing your story. We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. It must have been a really challenging journey for you and your daughter - full of grief, sadness and despair. I can empathise with your worries about dating again and how this may be received by your daughter. You know your daughter the best, however often open and honest communication can go a long way. This could involve talking to your daughter about the prospect of dating and what this may mean for her and how you still feel about your wife.

We have noticed that you do not live in Australia, so unfortunately we are unable to provide specific referrals for your area. Please know that you are still most welcome to continue posting on our forums.

If you need some extra support, we would recommend getting in touch with local health services which often have the ability to refer you to organisations that can meet your needs.

We are happy to hear any updates that you have along the way Heart