Need help now?

Teen son acting like a rude brat

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Angrymum

Teen son acting like a rude brat

I’ve taken my son on holiday and instead of making the most of being near the beach in a nice hotel he’s acting like a spoiled brat and sulking because he wants to be with his friends. I tried talking to him calmly about it but he walked off and I was so furious. I had to leave the room so I wouldn’t say anything I’d regret and to calm down. I’m a single mother so have noone to help me. Any advice would be helpful please.

Contributor
Sophia-RO

Re: Teen son acting like a rude brat

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Angrymum, sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your son lately. I can understand how you were feeling angry and upset at your son's attitude as it sounds like you had good intentions when taking your son on a holiday. From what you have described it sounds like your son might not fully understand your reasons for taking him on a holiday. Do you think it would be helpful to open up a discussion with your son where you can explain why you have been feeling angry and upset and where he can explain why he has been acting that way?

Also, just wanted to let you know that I have had to edit out some details of your post to fit in with our community guidelines. I have attached a link to them here if you would like to check them out. Smiley Happy