Need help now?

Teenager with Anger issues

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Highlighted
Casual scribe
Bishy71

Teenager with Anger issues

My son has Anger Issues and is verbally abusive towards to the point where I have had to have him removed from our home. Feel so guilty and alone but he refuses any help

Active scribe
Curious87

Re: Teenager with Anger issues

Take a deep breath. How old is your son, is there an inpatient treatment where he can go to find the underline issue of the anger??

Super frequent scribe
Claire-RO

Hi @Bishy71 

I can really hear how tough things are for you at the moment, that decision would have been so difficult to make.  As @Curious87 has said take a moment as this must all be overwhelming, do you have people in your life you can talk to about this situation?

Casual scribe
Bishy71

We are both victims of domestic violence but my son will not accept help or counselling so as its been just us together he has taken his anger and fustration out on me snd our relationship
Prolific scribe
Andrea-RO

I'm sorry to hear that you and your son have both experienced what I can only imagine to be an incredibly difficult and distressing situation @Bishy71

First of all I really want to reinforce that you have done the right thing in protecting yourself. While it can be both incredibly scary and sad when those we love are aggressive, it's important to make sure that we are safe first before we help others. 

I wanted to check if you have any professional supports yourself? It might be a good idea to call ParentLine or 1800Respect, as they would be able to give you some really indepth information and advice about your situation, as well as provide some immediate counselling and support. 

I hope this helps!