Need help now?

separation advice

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
supportneeded

separation advice

Hello there, 

I am looking for advice on how to handle my current situation, I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my second child (my eldest is 2.5) and I have made the decision to seperate from my husband. It has taken a long time to reach this decision, but as you can see the timing is terrible. 

I am seeking advice on what is the best way to amicably seperate whilst also keeping in mind my son's wellbeing the pregnancy and my sanity. 

Hoping you can offer some advice. 

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: separation advice

Message contains a hyperlink

Hello @supportneeded, thank you for sharing. I am sorry to hear that you are in this predicament. It must have been so difficult to make this decision while you are currently pregnant and looking after a little one. Separations can be so challenging without having children to juggle, I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must be feeling. Do you have any support from friends, family or professionals? We also have some resources that might be relevant for you. Parents Beyond Breakup is a service which has resources and a business hours counselling line. There are also two websites: health direct and family relationships which both have some information and other referrals. If you are looking for something more specific, please let us know and we will do our best Heart

Please feel most welcome to keep us updated.