Need help now?

stolen child

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
stolen

stolen child

My then 14 yr old son now 15 has been coerced and stolen from his family by his girlfriends mother ,

she is very manipulative and has our son under her power ,  we have tried everything to have our son returned but he has been brainwashed by the mother . He was a very friendly outgoing person with fantastic manners and respect , after being around this family for 3.5 months , he is a very different person , I have spoken to lots of people over the last 3 months and have found 10 other people with similar if not the same story , 14/15 year old boys stolen from their family's and brainwashed by the mother of their girlfriends. has anyone else out their had a similar problem ?

Prolific scribe
Andrea-RO

Re: stolen child

Hi @stolen

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I can't imagine how scary and stressful you must feel at the moment. Our children become the most important things in our life, so not being able to reach your son would be horrible. The best advice I can give is for you to call the police at this stage. Because your son is still underage, they will be able to retrieve him and return him home. 

Casual scribe
stolen

Thanks for the advice , we have tried the police , DCP as well but this mother has them all fooled , she knows just what to say and when , it seems the only way you can win in court is to lie and make up stories , then cry and the judge will believe you . Im just going to have to sit back and wait until they have finished psychologically abusing him and pick up the pieces , thanks for the thoughts  

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Hi @stolen , 

I'm so sorry to hear that the police and the DCP weren't able to help you in this situation . I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you to feel powerless and I can hear your concern for your son in your words. 

I am wondering if you've been able to be in contact with your son at all while he's living there? In amongst all of this, having him know that you are still there, still love him, and will welcome him back if and when he decides to do that, is important.  

I'm also wondering, is your son still attending school? Are they aware of the situation? 

As a parent myself, I can't imagine the toll this must be taking on you. Have you been able to get any support for yourself during all of this? 

Casual scribe
stolen

it is a very complicated case , even DCP have no Idea what to do .

the Girlfriends mother is just trying to cause as much trouble as she can , but gets everyone else to do her dirty work so she does not get into trouble , was good to vent out problem , but has been absolute hell ,  lucky we are strong and I know we will make it through in the long run 

many thanks

Star contributor
Janine-RO

Hi @stolen , 

It does sound like an incredibly complex situation, and I'm so sorry that the DCP and police haven't been able to provide any easy solutions for you and your family. 

We're really glad that venting here helped a bit, feel free to come back any time, we are here if you need support or just somewhere to vent to. Thinking of you and your family.