13 year old boy behaviour

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mod

Re: 13 year old boy behaviour

Hey @lizard0812, it sounds like things have been tough the last few days with the return of school. It is great to hear that you have been finding the parent coaching helpful and it is allowing you to feel heard. So you are thinking that if you change schools, your son will be more settled and less likely to be expelled again? It all sounds like a lot to deal with but you have mentioned a network of friends and a psychologist which is really helpful Heart
Prolific scribe

Taylor-RO thankyou. I have a handful of friends that listen but nobody that is going through it so I feel very alone. I’m hoping the change of schools will help and we are trying to get him the help he needs he just needs to take it. It’s so hard as a parent to watch that’s for sure
Mod

That must feel isolating @lizard0812. Often people can still support you without having the same experience but they can be unsure of what exactly to say to help. I can only imagine how difficult and frustrating it must be to try everything you can to support your son Smiley Sad It sounds like you are really doing all you can and that is important to remember

Star contributor

Hi @lizard0813
I'm sorry this is such a frustrating time. I remember feeling so alone and on auto violet with my daughter and similar stuff last year. A family support group made me feel not so alone. It was a difficult process that just took time. Good one day and bad the next. Therapy for myself was also a life saver.
Hugs I know how tough things are right now. Hang on, it gets better. Eventually.