Need help now?

Backward steps

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Re: Backward steps

Hey @lizard0812

What do you need this morning? Can you think of anything that might help you get through today?

We're here to support you, however we can, I just know that when things are at crisis point there's less value in the conversations about the big picture and more value in things that provide immediate support.

For example, have you spoken to the service that supports him and expressed your fears about a blow-up today? Do they have a mental health Crisis team or similar that you can call?

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Hey guys it's been a really tough week but think we have made some positive progress. This is really taking its toll on all of us but with a good support network it's bearable. Smiley Sad
Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @lizard0812, how are you feeling today? I'm glad to hear things are looking more positive. A strong support network really makes a difference, so it's awesome you have that.

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Going ok I think. Just wish I could stop waiting for something to go wrong. I just want to believe everything he tells me but I just keep waiting. I know it's a negative way to think but I'm trying. Thanks for the support I'll keep you updated.
Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @lizard0812, I so wish I had an answer for you as far as the waiting for something to go wrong bit. When you've been through such a hard time I think it's perfectly normal to have that fear of it going back to that. For me I think it was dread, as well as fear about what will happen and how I will react to it.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Going through these experience with our kids can be traumatic and it stays with us until we see a consistent pattern of improved behaviour I think. 

If you're up to it, come along to the chat night on Friday and have some time out. The link's here for this week. 

You're doing an awesome job.

Star contributor
Breez-RO

@lizard0812 as with @taokat Fear is perfectly normal. In fact the reason the human species has done so well is  due to fear. Something bad happened, don't want that to happen again *insert fear*. Only dilemma is our body hasn't worked out yet we don't need this emotion quite so often in the 21st century. I think the Friday night chat will definitely be a good bit of time out for you as well, do you think you'll be able to make it?

We're here to support you, you're doing so very well. Heart

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Thanks so much I actually don't really know where to turn next.  Things have not been great but I'm trying to be positive which is hard.   As you say I never want to be there again ever and neither does he so I'm always on edge.   Ill try and come for a chat tomorrow night but I'm not really feeling very chatty but it could help.   

Star contributor
TOM-RO

We look forward to seeing you on if you do make it, and wishing you are looking after yourself if you don't feel up to it. Either way is OK =) - mod Sally

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains an image

Hey @lizard0812. We're always here if you need to unload or need support with whatever's going on. Completely understandable you don't feel chatty. I'm the same when things aren't going well. 

Life isn't always great and as you say it can be hard always being positive. I know we've talked about positivity and negativity before. You sound a bit like me in that you feel wrong if you're negative, and give yourself a rough time if you don't always have a sunny outlook. 

I wanted you to read this, I really liked it. Essentially what I took away from it was that it's okay for us to be both - being always positive isn't a requirement. I hope it makes you feel let off the hook like it did me Smiley Happy

spirituality.jpg

Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Thanks so much just what I needed to read at the moment. I do think negative from the fear of going back there which I guess is pretty normal I really appreciate the support from you guys I wish I could of made it last night but I'll try next week. 😀