Need help now?

Peer group issues

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Frequent scribe
Moggy3kids

Re: Peer group issues

It sounds like your beautiful girl is already making some strong and resilient choices! I have found Headspace to be a great organization so I am sure that the help she receives will be beneficial for her. Sometimes a fresh start is what we all need . Try and get some sleep , as hard as that is . It helps us face our mountains with strength . Keep in touch with the outcome .
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

Sleep lol. I go to sleep ok it is those **bleep** early morning times where your brain is overactive and won't stop thinking. Night 😴
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

Sorry that was not a swear word btw 😯
Frequent scribe
Moggy3kids

Haha. No offense taken . I get you . Mine is usually 3am !
Frequent scribe
Moggy3kids

Haha. No offense taken . I get you . Mine is usually 3am !
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi @Help_needed,

Just wanted to check in to see how you are? How did the appointment with the school go? 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

Unfortunately my daughter is still not at school completing what school work she can. I am having a meltdown about it. So am off work at the moment having some time out as I am constantly teary and my mind is a fog. I hate feeling so powerless and helpless like this so went to the doctor this morning from this I am going to see the psychologist tomorrow. The school are trying but they are really just looking at my daughters issues from a department view rather than how she actually feels about herself and her peers. It really has sunk in that all of the other peers are sadly like puppets to this one girl and because my daughter refuses to be one she is paying the price 😔
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

It sounds like this has been a really difficult time for you @Help_needed and I'm sorry to hear the school hasn't done more to support your daughter. I can imagine the stress you are under right now and really hope the psychologist appointment will be a good space for you to work on your own health and well being. 

I know we speak about it a lot on the forums, but when you are constantly giving so much of mental and emotional resources from your bucket to top up others, it isn't sustainable unless you have the space to top your bucket up too. I really hope that the appointment is a place for you to top up your bucket Smiley Happy

One thing that really stands out for me in your last post is how strong your daughter is! Being able to stand up and say no in the face of peer pressure is absolutely amazing, particularly at her age. For young people, that is one of the hardest things to do and really shows her resilience of character Smiley Happy While that decision makes it harder for her with that group in the short term, it really shows the incredible and resilient young girl that she is and this will be something that will be a huge benefit for her in future! I have no doubt that a lot of this strength is drawn from the love and support you have given her Heart

Check out our community activities calendar here
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

This arvo I spoke to the Learning and Welfare officer at dept of education for our area. She was great to talk to and really listened to my concerns and my daughters problems. I am really hoping she will be the impartial solution needed to give my daughter a voice as well as supporting the school. Fingers crossed 🤞
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hey @Help_needed, awesome stuff. You have been really proactive and resilient. It is great that you have found someone who you feel like will be able to support you appropriately. Let us know how it goes as it progresses Heart