Need help now?

Recommendation on where to live on North NSW coast or hinterland, and best high schools

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Recommendation on where to live on North NSW coast or hinterland, and best high schools

Highlighted
Casual scribe
felinefine

Hello, we are relocating to North NSW coast or inland, and are having difficulty deciding on an area to live.

We hope to find a place with a good high school for our 13 yo daughter, and which is a good area to live.  Any recommendations from locals would be greatly appreciated.

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: Recommendation on where to live on North NSW coast or hinterland, and best high schools

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @felinefine,

Welcome to ReachOut and thank you for making your first post. Schooling choices can be a big decision, and there are a lot of different schools out there to look at. Our forums are visited by parents across Australia, and internationally, so you may not find testimonials for specific schools here, but we can point you in the direction of resources that can help you make this decision.

Depending on what you are looking for and what is important to your daughter in a school, there are a few websites that allow you to compare and contrast schools in NSW. Just a forewarning that I haven't used these sites or referred to them before, so I am not 100% sure on the accuracy, but it might be a starting point for you. This website is hosted by the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) and allows you to find and compare schools. Here, here and here allow you to compare schools in your area. Again, I have searched to find these but don't know the accuracy. 

Hope that you are able to find the school that is right for you and your daughter Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Casual scribe
felinefine

Re: Recommendation on where to live on North NSW coast or hinterland, and best high schools

Hello Jess1-RO, thank you for your pointers!  I will have a look at these websites Smiley Happy