daughter hostialized twice for suicidal intentions- im grieving

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager

Re: daughter hostialized twice for suicidal intentions- im grieving

Hi @sunflowermom that is great to how well you are both going! Sounds like you have definitely reached a turning point these last few months Smiley Happy We are very happy for you both!

You have worked so hard on keeping the communication channels open and it sounds like your daughter is now building that trust by openly coming to you to talk when thoughts become painful- such a huge achievement and a real testament to the years you have dedicated to building that foundation of trust with her Heart

Recovery is never perfect, just like life! But with the support from your family and the ongoing love and honesty between you both, it sounds like your daughter is on a really healthy path!

How are you going with your self care too? Now that she is stepping up and taking on more in her recovery, has it given you some time to also step back and do some things to look after yourself? I know for myself that when the person I care for starts taking steps forward, it can be a time of readjustment to what the "new normal" looks like, and has some opportunity to reinvest in your wellbeing too. Hope you have had some time to invest inwards too!