Having struggles with my 13yr old daughter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mod

Re: Having struggles with my 13yr old daughter

Hi @Moloko it's great to hear that you are having a lovely day with your daughter and that she is feeling happy and settled Smiley Happy Teenage years are such a roller coaster ride so it's wonderful when you are able to have days like today. I'm sorry to hear you have felt a bit judged by other parents. It's great that you are able to talk with friends that keep it real and tell it like it is by sharing their own struggles. We're always here to listen Heart

Super frequent scribe

Re: Having struggles with my 13yr old daughter

@Lan-RO
I am so grateful for this page and the wonderful advice and support that is here.

Yes it's great when they are happy and settled, I think it allows you as a parent to just take a moment to breath. We have actually had a great week which has been so lovely. Lots of talking, listening on my part. I absolutely think the class move to be with her peers has been one of the most positive things we have done. Shes happy so she is learning.
I think the friendship conflicts will continue and those are her lessons to learn and I just have to try and be here and listen and support.
Hopefully she will give counseling a go and gain some tools to help her.