Need help now?

My battle with depression

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
samsteven
Solved!

My battle with depression

There was a time when i felt sad, hopeless, frustrated, or worn out. I had negative feelings all the time. I did not eat for days and lost a lot of weight in 50 days. Overcoming depression was really a very tough job for me. But my friends helped me a lot in this case and I started loving my life and gaining confidence day by day. I read many blogs on treatments and symptoms and within 4 months I was back to normal.

There are more natural way to kill depression,

1. Exercise, train your brain and train your body.
  2. Eat healthy and eat at proper time
  3. Be scheduled
  4. Get good hours of sleep
  5. Take challenges
  6. Take responsibilities
  7. Talk to your friends and family
  8. Take part in adventures and daily day work

You can surely overcome your depression and win this battle by reminding your brain that you can feel good again Smiley Very Happy

Accepted Solutions
Super frequent scribe
Tulip
Solution

Re: My battle with depression

Hi @samsteven thanks for sharing that, you are very brave. I'm absolutely sure all these things can help immensely 😊

View solution in original post

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro
Solution

Hi @samsteven 

Thank you for sharing those useful strategies as things that have helped you with your own recovery! 

Some people will have a longer and different journey to you as everyone has a unique experience when it comes to depression,  but hearing recovery stories is encouraging! 

Heart

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super frequent scribe
Tulip
Solution

Hi @samsteven thanks for sharing that, you are very brave. I'm absolutely sure all these things can help immensely 😊
Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro
Solution

Hi @samsteven 

Thank you for sharing those useful strategies as things that have helped you with your own recovery! 

Some people will have a longer and different journey to you as everyone has a unique experience when it comes to depression,  but hearing recovery stories is encouraging! 

Heart