Need help now?

No respect for authority, lying and then not feeling sorry

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
sangeeta

My son 15year old  who studies in a boarding school is basically a very loving and caring except for not listening . he steps boundaries and expects to be forgiven. I have caught him speaking lies and lately he was accosted in school with a hidden phone. That clearly has implicated him for serious punishment as they are not allowed to keep one.

I am disturbed. whats the way forward to handle him? we are meeting him on his birthday .

Active scribe
sangeeta

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hello All,

I am an Indian Mom living here in India and a mother to a 15 year old teenager boy. I started looking out for some sort of support when I wanted to know what other parents face and take action or set boundaries.

Casual scribe
specialneedsdad

Hi

What special needs does your 15 year old boy have Sangeeta?

Casual scribe
specialneedsdad

Hi Sangeeta

What special needs does your 15 year old boy have ?

Contributor
Sister

Are you a solo mum, Sangeeta or do you have a husband?

Are you having difficulties with setting boundaries for your son?

Are their counsellors where you live? Maybe a professional person could provide support for you. Possibly also at your sons school?

Make sure you take some action now. Getting assistance for your son and yourself can only be a positive thing. To prevent the situation from getting worse.

Its great that you have taken the first (?) step by reaching out here on this forum.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Active scribe
sangeeta

No, am not a solo mom. My husband is the disciplinarian but since I am a bit softer he reaches out to me. he is very scared of my husband. I feel that the lines of communication have to remain open. yes, theres a school counsellor there.
Active scribe
sangeeta

he has trouble following authority
Active scribe
sangeeta

He says attention problem too.
Contributor
Sister

Re: No respect for authority, lying and then not feeling sorry

Hi Sangeeta,

I would talk to the school to see if they have been having any problems with him there. Has he been lying at school?

Maybe he is missing you? Where did he get the phone from?

Highlighted
Active scribe
sangeeta

Re: No respect for authority, lying and then not feeling sorry

He was home during the holidays and we give him a phone just so that we know he has reached school. Its an hour long flight, Basically, he has to deposit it in school which he never did and got found out. before he left he was communicating with a girl we did not approve of. thats what he kept the phone for. now he's in big trouble.