Need help now?

Reword - have you heard of this app to help end cyber bullying?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super star contributor
taokat

Message contains a hyperlink

Reword is an anti bullying tool that comes in the form of an app - very handy for texting, messaging and cyber communications. 

Reword will puts a red line through insulting or abusive words or statements, giving your teen the opportunity to think about what they have written and to rephrase it in a nicer way.

With this tool it is hoped that changes can be made in the way we communicate with each other and helps promote healthy communications.

At this stage it is useable for Twitter. Funds are required so they can expand the app for use on all social media. Here is the link if you are able to contribute.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reword-anti-bullying-app-help-end-online-bullying#/

Check out the link below to find out more about Reword. From the link you can also download the app.

http://reword.it/#/

Frequent scribe
Sally-RO

Re: Reword - have you heard of this app to help end cyber bullying?

Hi @taokat, what a great app. Have you tried to use it or recommend it to your children/other children?

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @Sally-RO

We're testing it out at the moment. It requires Google Chrome to be installed which can be done on both IOS ad Android devices. 

We use IOS, so just trying to work it all out - I might need to contact support! 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

What a great app @taokat Please keep us updated on it.

It's easy to see what a great impact this could have on young people using the internet. 

Super star contributor
taokat

All I needed to do was give permissions for the app to run! So setup is actually incredibly easy. Just follow the prompts. Once it's working it lets you know it's running in the background via a pop-up.

Reword app icon shows on the Google Chrome toolbar. I've been trying it out. When you login to Twitter, it highlights and draws a line through words or phrases that need to be changed. 

You can add to their database of not nice words or phrases as well which is a great idea. 

I think it's a fantastic app and hope that it can be expanded to be used on all texting platforms.

If your kids use Twitter, I highly recommend Reword.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

@taokat Your knowledge of this type of stuff is amazing. Would you consider putting together a new topic on handy apps or websites for parents?

I'm sure if you start it, not only will other parents add theirs too but it will become a reference that we can all continue to use if we're dealing with an online issue.

What do you think? I completely understand if you don't have the time. But here's a begging cat to help you decide. Cat Wink

beg

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @Ngaio-RO

I can't say no to the begging cat lol! I would be more than happy to do that. Let me put together a few things to start out the topic.

Great idea! :-)

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Don't feel bad. Nobody can say no to the begging cat.

Thanks!!