Need help now?

struggling with 13 year old son

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

struggling with 13 year old son

Prolific scribe
Lan-RO

Re: struggling with 13 year old son

Hi @lizard0812 it sounds like a really tough and stressful time. Your son sounds very loyal to his friends and he's at an age where fitting in with his peers is important. This is particularly difficult when they start to hang out with the wrong crowd. It must feel very frustrating and upsetting to try to talk to him about the dangers and consequences but feel like you aren't getting through. In times like this would it be okay to give him the benefit of the doubt and that he knows you are there for him? Are there any other more positive role models around his age that he could spend some time with? Does he play any group sports? I'm going to tag some more members to see if they can provide advice and support on this @Mitzi @Schooner @PositiveWhisper @LovingThruBlue We're here for you Heart

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
lizard0812

Thanks for your reply Lan RO Yeah it sure is very worrying and stressful. It all seemed to change in a matter of weeks. It is so out of character for him to be so defiant it’s like he is more scared of these kids than us and the authority at school. He is into sport which is good and has a fantastic coach that he will often confide in but not this time. How can they lie so well and he believes what he is saying even though we have written evidence that what he is saying is incorrect. Would love to hear from anybody that has experienced this as I’m struggling to believe it could all change so quickly and they can be so loyal even if it means them getting into more trouble.
Casual scribe
sudhirkumar

I read your story very bad and alas i do. hopefully god will fine all your difficult situations.