Need help now?

Topical Thursday - Whatcha watching?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Topical Thursday - Whatcha watching?

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Re: Topical Thursday - Whatcha watching?

@Help_needed Oh that's a long wait for the next season!! 

I hear you - I usually go for comedies too, but every now and then, a heavier series gets my attention, and I get a whole other level of entertainment - sometimes its good to have a more thought-provoking show! 

Did you watch it by yourself, or with someone? It can be good to share/ debrief these kind of shows! 

Highlighted
Frequent scribe
Help_needed

@gina-Ro i watched it on my own. I generally dont watch much tv so this was my once a week 50 minutes to myself moment usually on my rdo or on a Saturday
gina-Ro

@Help_needed nice Smiley Happy It can be so good to tuck yourself away for an hour and indulge in a good show. 

You'll need to find a new one now! 

Active scribe
Amirah-RO

I just finished watching Gilmore Girls for the 5th time! I loved the show when I was younger and always wanted to be just like Lorelai! I love the relationship she has with her daughter and how they're friends first and foremost. I still cry when I watch it even though I know what happens next Smiley Very Happy

gina-Ro

Message contains an image

@Amirah-RO wow 5th time!! That is true love of a show! 

I do love Gilmore Girls - I agree that it's such a lovely mother daughter relationship/ friendship 

excited lauren graham GIF by Gilmore Girls

Active scribe
Sammeebee

Hi @Help-needed,
I’m with you! The Handmaids Tale has been one of the best tv series I’ve ever watched!! So unique, quite emotionally draining at times and brilliantly acted. I love The Crown too but then I’m British having only lived in Aus for 10 years now. Again, beautifully acted and stunning cinematography. :-)
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Hi everyone!

I have been watching The Office (again) and Brooklyn 99

thats my jam GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Check out our community activities calendar here
gina-Ro

@Sammeebee - Ah you're making me want to watch it!!! (the handmaid's tale..) 
I'll give it another go! 

And I've heard good things about The Crown too ... British TV is just on it's own level isn't it.. sounds great. 

@Jess1-RO The Office is THE BEST. and I've started Brooklyn 99 - but haven't committed to it yet. 

The other greatest show to binge is Parks and Rec. 

parks and recreation apple GIF