Topical Tuesday: Positive Affirmations / Mantras

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Topical Tuesday: Positive Affirmations / Mantras

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Re: Topical Tuesday: Positive Affirmations / Mantras

@Tulip, the mantra I posted before is one of my favorites: 

"When life is tough, I will remain soft." 

I completely agree with you and being vulnerable, loving, caring and empathetic are all beautiful qualities! 

We can be strong, and still all of those things Heart

I love those mantras you posted as well.  

"I am enough" is very powerful. Heart

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Message contains a hyperlink

Some of our newer members - @LilisMum @Talkaboutkid and @molata might want to read and jump into this discussion about mantras.

And our new Ppeers - 

@Bren-G_@GibboFootball@Sledgehammer73@Orange , @Stalarty 

@Queen_Hilby , @Nutshell76 @Happy @Moggy3kids and  @Anonymous Heart

Go to page 1, and have a read through - I hope you find everyone's inputs here inspiring. Please share if you have any thoughts or mantras to add! 

Active scribe
Andy002

Think of all the skills you have acquired that the younger members are yet to live through. Your employer saw something special in you.
Active scribe
Sallyanne

Slightly off topic but to enlighten you! I live in the U.K. And my youngest child I adopted when he was 18 months old. We have had many ups and downs he is aged 6 .... when you think "I've got this", "I can make a difference"....... there is always another perspective, parenting is a huge learning curve!!!

We have discovered that his unsettledness in school etc is down to not forming neurological  brain connections from the last trimester of pregnancy to 0-6 months... his treatment plan for this "being" stage is to wrap language around situations and emotions... it's called the thrive approach!!!!

So as I'm saying to him :-

you are super at peeling veg, you'll make a good chef

i bet your feeling very proud for drawing a beautiful picture

etc etc

poditive affirmations are SO powerful! As I'm making an effort to use these on my youngest boy, I'm applying it to the 3 others too! Especially the stroppy teenager!! Then I tell myself:-

"you can't always get it right! Your on a learning curve girl! But by god your doing the best you can and feel proud of yourself!"

Highlighted
Prolific scribe
Lan-RO

@Sallyanne thank you for sharing with us about your son and the thrive approach Heart It sounds like you've had many ups and downs but you have remained positive throughout all of this. You are doing an amazing job! I really admire your use of positive affirmations and I completely agree that they are so powerful!