Need help now?

November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Re: November 15th - Wednesday Wrap - ReachOut Coaching - Part Two!

Hey @Goleby, coaching could definitely help... When you are filling out the rego form it will ask you to fill in about a "focus" child, so pick one to focus on for the form, but in your session you will be able to talk through both children....
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

I'm so sorry t hear that @Goleby but you've come to a great place to discuss it and get some support.

In fact, the service we're discussing here tonight is an ideal fit for a parent in a situation like yours.

It's completely free, delivered over the phone and helps you develop strategies around what's going on for them.

Super star contributor
taokat

Love the GROW model @Sophi-RO, and it really is the model coaching follows. It's very solution focused.

And that's another great question @Ngaio-RO. My daughter knew I was busy during the sessions, but I don't know if she even knew what I was doing! It's just for parents, and our kids don't need to be involved in the coaching at all. 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

What about the partner or spouse @Sophi-RO

because one of the questions sent through was 

I'm married but my spouse doesn't want to do coaching does that matter?

What happens there?

Active scribe
Goleby

Thank you I just had a quick look at the page, will do enrolling form a little later, as shortly need to go out to collect 15 yr old from dance. Thank you all this has been most helpful.

Mariamum
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

That's wonderful to hear @taokat because many of the face to face services require the teenager to be compliant and engaged in the session. So families can be stuck in a holding pattern, waiting for the teenager to agree. Or they threaten to get them there and wonder why it doesn't work.

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

Excellent Goleby! So glad you found us...
Super star contributor
taokat

I'm sure you'll find the coaching helpful @Goleby! I look forward to seeing you in the forum too Smiley Happy

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

That's wonderful @Goleby Don't hesitate to ask any questions later when you return.

have a great evening!!

Prolific scribe
Sophi-RO

So we have the question I'm married but my spouse doesn't want to do coaching does that matter?

And yes that's ok, we can do it either way. There is the ability to put your spouses details into the form and have you both on the coaching phone call (on speaker phone!) - or you can just do it on your own and put the strategies in place yourself, or fill your partner in afterwards....