Need help now?

Wednesday Wrap The Third!! What is Mindfullness?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Wednesday Wrap The Third!! What is Mindfullness?

Prolific scribe
Red21

Re: Wednesday Wrap The Third!! What is Mindfullness?

@taokat yogic sleep is real!!!!  I adore it and find it one of the best and my all time fave ... however, you don't actually sleep but 30 mins quality practice is said to surmount to 3 hours real time sleep!!!!!  can you see why I like it !  many times it has got me outa a hole lol ... its called Yoga Nidra ..

Super star contributor
taokat

@Red21, I've actually got a yoga nidra recording.......ummm...haven't listened to it. I've been told it's fantastic, so one of these days...

My last meditation was a bit different, although I still slept, or something similar lol. Now please excuse my descriptive terms in the following! The instructor had a big 'bowl' type thing, that she ran a 'tool' around the inside of and it made a high and really loud ringing sound. She would make it louder then softer. In my sleep, my consciouness awoke to it, but I was still sort of asleep. Do you know what I'm trying to describe??!

And yes! I do see why you like it! I actually felt really refreshed afterwards. Other times I've fallen asleep without the ringing, and felt exhausted waking up. 

Prolific scribe
Red21

@taokat lol ... love your description - its a singing bowl, some are crystal ... some call those crystal healing bowls.  I have one at home.  I use it as a mindful bell - google Tich Naht Hahn - Mindfulness bell .  absolutely beautiful.  the bell rings into the cosmos <3 

actually .. another awesome fact (sorry I think so anyway) is that sleep is considered actually a great meditation!  so we all are able to do it naturally, lets not get hung up on the hows and whys, whens etc ... of them all as I said one of my faves is Yoga Nidra - for those more mainstream google Richard Williams I think it is called 'irest' he has 40 odd downloadable podcasts - I think really its a mainstream version of yoga Nidra broken brown into Ley language lol - my opinion forgive me - yet his books and programmes were designed to assist PTSD in war veterans, - evidence based results.  so good that it would work for I think any PTSD, anxiety,... personally yoga Nidra is my friend lol and mindfulness (aka awareness in the moment fully of an activity be it breathing, washing up, standing, walking, eating, and the list goes on) ... 

Super star contributor
taokat

Oh good @Red21, I'm glad you knew what I was talking about lol. I'll google Tich Naht Hahn, thanks for that. It was beautiful.

Maybe that's why in really horrible times, I go to bed and sleep. I always wake up in a better frame of mind, ready to keep going. I think it's an awesome fact too! I'm going to get into my yoga nidra - especially if it helps with PTSD!

I love your advice, thank you for sharing. 

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

@Red21 Would you pretty please add this info to your yoga thread. 

Star contributor
Breez-RO

Awesome Smiley Happy