Need help now?

Wednesday Wrap The Third!! What is Mindfullness?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Wednesday Wrap The Third!! What is Mindfullness?

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Wednesday Wrap The Third!! What is Mindfullness?

Message contains an image

aaa.jpg

Prolific scribe
Ben-RO

What a great read! Time for me to go and mindfully drink a cup of tea Smiley Happy 

Super frequent scribe
Big_Crab

My apologies everyone for missing this great event last night.

We have had a little bit of drama in our house the past week with a cyberbully harassing my son who has anxiety issues.  It culminated in me spending most of last night with my son filling out a formal police report with a detective from the Arizona Police Department (yes that's right the good old USA). 

Hopefully we will be able to get this resolved soon. 

Super star contributor
taokat

You had some pretty serious stuff going on @Big_Crab, no need to apologise. Your poor son, and good on you for following through! I really hope this cyberbully can be stopped from harassing your son any further. Let us know how it all goes. 

The great thing about the chat nights are that everything is here to be read at any time. Hopefully you'll be able to make it next time.

For my own knowledge, and I'm sure others will be interested too - could you add this to a bullying thread or start a new one, and let us know how you got as far as a detective in Arizona. A lot gets let go because the bullying comes from overseas. Where do you start? Hats off to you!

Prolific scribe
Lily17

I couldn't log in to see the Wednes wrap but have just read it.

Years ago I had to get a relaxing picture in my mind and that picture comes into my head every time I am asked to breathe really slowly.. If the mindfulness music or relaxation is on it makes me fall asleep! Deep, deep sleep. When doing my chi in the pool the relaxing music comes on - I try to make myself struggle harder to stay awake.

When I do wake up I feel totally exhausted. I have done the classes and been to MH staff but it is exhausting. I don't remember anything I talked about or listened to. Sometimes I wonder why! 

Super star contributor
taokat

I always fall asleep meditating, but I'm told it takes practice to remain awake and mindful. My focus changes from relaxing with the meditation to a full on mental battle to keep my eyes open lol.

Prolific scribe
Red21

@Lily17 a scan reading of the latest on mindfulness and I read the some fall asleep and / or feel exhausted.  This is a common experience and response ... why because being mindful you possible are exhausted and have taken time to simply be - hence also the falling asleep - the busy persons usual response to doing nothing and simply being.  When one practices regular mindfulness the exhaustion leaves and the person becomes energised and there is an ability not to fall asleep.  It also depends on the time of day or night and lighting and / or music played.  Falling asleep is simply cured initially by reducing time of mindfulness and increasing its frequency.  I am living evidence of its effectiveness and revitalising powers presently going through a challenging period, those that know will understand, home schooling, psychologists, psychiatrists, further diagnosis, legal appointments, jp and filing urgent court action again Smiley Sad. without yoga and mindfulness I simply could not be.  

Prolific scribe
Red21

@Lily17 a scan reading of the latest on mindfulness and I read the some fall asleep and / or feel exhausted.  This is a common experience and response ... why because being mindful you possible are exhausted and have taken time to simply be - hence also the falling asleep - the busy persons usual response to doing nothing and simply being.  When one practices regular mindfulness the exhaustion leaves and the person becomes energised and there is an ability not to fall asleep.  It also depends on the time of day or night and lighting and / or music played.  Falling asleep is simply cured initially by reducing time of mindfulness and increasing its frequency.  I am living evidence of its effectiveness and revitalising powers presently going through a challenging period, those that know will understand, home schooling, psychologists, psychiatrists, further diagnosis, legal appointments, jp and filing urgent court action again Smiley Sad. without yoga and mindfulness I simply could not be.  

Prolific scribe
Red21

@taokat lessen the time that you practise mindfulness e.g. one minute three times a day ?

Super star contributor
taokat

That's a good suggestion @Red21, thank you. Have you heard of snoozing meditators before? 

I've just seen your response to @Lily17, which answers my question!