Casual scribe
Redrobin

When your 13 year old boy doesn’t want to do anything

Message contains no text

Star contributor
TOM-RO

Re: When your 13 year old boy doesn’t want to do anything

Hey there @Redrobin,

We cant see your post! Try to post it again so we can have a discussion Smiley Happy

Casual scribe
Redrobin

I’m a bit stuck as to what to do.. my 13 year old son doesn’t want to do anything, he’s not rude or misbehaving it’s just he wants to stay home all the time. Is this ok ?
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hey @Redrobin, we can see your post, thanks for trying again. ReachOut is a peer support service for parents, so unfortunately we cannot provide professional advice. That being said, we have a lot of parents on this forum who have had experience with this situation. This can still be enormously beneficial to receive supports from other parents and to know that you are not alone. We always recommend that you engage with face-to-face services to receive advice and support. Is this something you have done before? So that we can better understand your situation, is there a reason he wants to stay home? Is this behaviour negatively affecting any areas of his life? How do you handle this situation with him? Once again, thanks for sharing Heart
Parent/Carer Community Champion
PapaBill

Hi @Redrobin 

Staying at home can be a good thing.  

Some people are introverted some are extroverted.

How does your son interact with others when he does?  Are they positive and his social skills are developing as you would expect for a 13 yr old?

Does he engage with others on social media, computer games etc?

What is he doing when at home?  How does he interact with the rest of the family?

With my daughter she is fine, she just likes to relax in the comfort of his home then it might just be how she recharges "Introverted"  as apposed to going out and spending time with people "Extroverted"

As I would like to see here out experiencing her life more, I am always trying to get her to go out and do things but it is a fine line between encouraging and nagging.    I just have had to learn to accept this is who she is.