Need help now?

Congenital Cataracts

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
MummaJay

Congenital Cataracts

Hi all,

We have been blessed with a beautiful baby boy 6 weeks ago, my 2nd. We found out a week ago he has congenital cataracts in one eye. We are heartbroken and struggling to come to terms with this new reality. As parents, we want what’s best for our children, and we will do anything and everything to help him achieve the best vision possible.

I’m jumping on here to see if anyone has had children with congenital cataracts. How old was your bub when you found it? When did they have surgery? And how are they coping now? I’m worried about what the future holds. If anyone can share their own experience of their children with cataracts I would love to have a chat.
Mod
Natty-RO

Re: Congenital Cataracts

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi MummaJay,

Welcome to the forums!

I’m so sorry to hear about your son. That would have been incredibly difficult news for your family to receive and I’m glad you have reached out for support.

I was having a Google search to see if I could find any support services more specific to what you and your family are experiencing. I came across this Facebook group for parents of children with congenital cataracts. It’s a private group that appears to have over 5,000 members. I wonder if it would be worth jumping onto this group as well for some further additional support and guidance?

I hope their members can help bring you and your family some reassurance and hope for the future.

All the best MummaJay!