Need help now?

teenger's stress

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
Aariesrose
Solved!

teenger's stress

I have a 14 years old daughter, but recently I found she lost any interests to contacting her friends.she has some friendship issue, but i don't know how to help

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Philippa-RO
Solution

Re: teenger's stress

Message contains a hyperlink

Welcome to the ReachOut forums @Aariesrose 

That sounds really worrying re: your daughter's friendship issues - I'm really sorry to hear she's going through that. 

Has she been able to tell you what's happening and how she's feeling? 

We have some resources on our website about supporting your teenager with friendships here and here that might be helpful if you'd like to take a look.

Please feel free to talk here any time - we're here to support you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Contributor
Philippa-RO
Solution

Welcome to the ReachOut forums @Aariesrose 

That sounds really worrying re: your daughter's friendship issues - I'm really sorry to hear she's going through that. 

Has she been able to tell you what's happening and how she's feeling? 

We have some resources on our website about supporting your teenager with friendships here and here that might be helpful if you'd like to take a look.

Please feel free to talk here any time - we're here to support you.

Casual scribe
Aariesrose

she doesn't want to tell me, she said she could deal with by herself.

During the lockdown, i feel really stress

Contributor
Philippa-RO

@Aariesrose that sounds really hard for both of you. Can I ask how you found out about the problems she's having with her friendships?
I think it's pretty common for teenagers when they're having struggles not to want their parents to get involved - but it isn't easy for parents who just want to do whatever they can to help and protect them. 

Is there anyone else your daughter feels comfortable talking to? Do you think she would consider talking to someone like a counsellor or maybe kids helpline?

Casual scribe
Aariesrose

I found she didn't use her mobile frequently  like before.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried to talk to her today , and seems she is ok now. 

I let my husband talk to her and found out she was hurt by her friend. The reason she doesn't want to tell me because I found out the friend who hurt my daughter is a problem girl who I am not agree they are become close friend. my daughter feels not comfortable to tell me

he is more softer than me

So I am assuming my attitude sometimes is not good

But thank you for your kind attention.

Hope everything goes well

Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Hi @Aariesrose, thanks for sharing. It is great to hear that your daughter is feeling ok and has opened up about what has been happening for her. Fights with friends can be really tough for teenagers, who might feel as though their world has been shattered. How are you feeling now that she has shared that with you?
Active scribe
phoneagent007

You can talk to your child in friendly way and ask him what's the problem.