Need help now?

Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm AEDST

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm AEDST

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm A

Thanks so much for coming along tonight @the_ant65! Enjoy the rest of your night! See you in the forum Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe
the_ant65

Re: Ab Fab Fridays - What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life? 1st December @8pm A

Thanks guys.

Super star contributor
taokat

My daughter's just walked in and is needing to talk to me, so do you mind if we finish a few minutes early @Zoesplace? I can't believe it's already nearly 9, the time's gone really quickly.

Super star contributor
taokat

And by the time I posted, it's 9pm haha. 

Thanks so much for tonight @Zoesplace, I think we've brought up some really great life lessons, don't you?

Have an awesome weekend. Talk soon x

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Yes of course @taokat.   Tonight's chat was really good. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. 

Super star contributor
taokat

It really was @Zoesplace! Thanks for being part of it Smiley Happy

Active scribe
Shikadesfarm

Sorry i didnt join in. Huge week and huge clean up after a storm we had. Our back room flooded and we had ses and firies out helping us out with damage and a tv tower about to fall onto our powerlines! Waa extremely tired and kids and i ended up in bed last night by 8pm!. In answer to the topic: the most importsnt thing ive learned in life is never to sleep on sn arguement. Fortunately our family are quite in tune and there are rarely fights if ever or arguements thanks to 2 weekly house meetings but if there is we give each other space to breathe and collect our thoughts and tackle together to compromise or sort it out. Off to work with a 6.30am start. Have a good day all!
Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Shikadesfarm, no worries at all! It sounds like you've had loads to do after the storm. An early night at the end of a busy week sounds like the best thing to do. I hope everything's dried out and there hasn't been too much damage. 

Thanks for contributing! I really love your lesson. It's a heavy and unpleasant feeling going to bed and waking up with an unresolved argument in the air. How awesome you have your house meetings! That was a tip I learned doing the ReachOut coaching, and I'm so happy to hear it works so well for you guys too. 

I hope you've had a lovely day. I'll tag you in this week's chat in case you've got some free time, but never any pressure! 

Active scribe
Shikadesfarm

Been doing house meetings fir as long as i can remember and when i was younger my family did the same. Its very beneficial. Nice to see it recommended in the group Smiley Wink everythings dried out and damage was fallen trees etc. Not the house thankfully! Kids were a huge help! Master 13 was a whiz with the chainsaw. All those lessons with step dad has helped. Daughter helped us with reattachment of a lamb who was rejected from mum and successfully got them back with each other. Kids have been absolute troopers in the last few days with both cookingv dinner last night demanding i take a bath and relax my sore body which i did  Smiley Happy have a good day! 

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Shikadesfarm, the meetings are such a great way for everyone to have their say and feel heard aren't they? Also an awesome way of dealing with any issues as a family!

I'm so glad there was no damage to your house but I hate to think what the property looked like! I hope your elderly neighbour came through it okay as well. Your kids sound so amazing, you must be so proud of them! My heart melted reading they cooked dinner and ordered you off to the bath for some self care. And good on you for obeying them! Smiley LOL