Need help now?

I'm New! (Mother of 4)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Active scribe
SeafoamGreen

I'm New! (Mother of 4)

Hi, I'm a mother of 4 in Sydney. I love my kids, but like most things you love, it's not all perfect. I'm looking to both get advice and give it. My husband Mel may not be in the picture anymore, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up.

Nice to meet you all!

Star contributor
TOM-RO

Re: I'm New! (Mother of 4)

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @SeafoamGreen and welcome to our forum! We are so glad to have you.

It sounds like you are going through a difficult time at the moment with your marriage. It's nice to see you keeping a positive mindset though and saying you won't give up.

Just thought I'd share that we have a thread here for new users who would like to introduce themselves. We also have a single parents discussion board here that might be of interest to you.

Also, just letting you know that we removed your first name. I hope you're okay with this. We encourage anonymity here as noted in our guidelines.

Active scribe
JohnMorrow

Hello @SeafoamGreen! Welcome. I assume from your name that you are also a guitar enthusiast?

Active scribe
SeafoamGreen

No, not at all. I don't really enjoy music.
Active scribe
JohnMorrow

Well in any case, welcome Smiley Happy Hope you find what you need here. 

Highlighted
Parent/Carer Community Champion
Birdwings

Hi SeafoamGreen,

Welcome to the Reach Out Parents' Forum. I've been coming here for a few weeks now after visiting the Reach Out site looking for some info to help a friend of my daughter's. It's made me realize how much I've been missing chatting with my friends and touching base about our since since Covid came along. I also like the anonymity here, although I still hold back somewhat. We have two teenagers a son aged 16 and a daughter 14. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately as it's hit me in the face that our kids are growing up so quickly and our son will finish school at the end of next year. The other thing that's thrown me this week is that a friend's son was in a car accident. He wasn't injured but it was another situation with a car full of teens in a car with someone on their Ps and life suddenly becomes very fragile and tenuous. My kids are pretty good but it only takes one random bad choice to have major consequences. So, I'm hanging around here trying to get some tips and preventative ideas and pass on tips on what has helped us. 

Do you have any particular concerns at the moment? At the very least we can listen. 

Hope you're having a great week and getting back to school is going well. 

Best wishes,

Birdwing

Frequent scribe
AmberP

Hello! Nice to meet you here. Better doesn't mean perfect, and this is normal. I like your position. It's a good place to share our experience and I am looking for it too! I hope you will enjoy it.

Parent/Carer Community Champion
Birdwings

Hi Amber,

Great to hear from you. How's your week been? Hope it's gone well. 

How old are your kids? 
Best wishes,

Birdwings

Frequent scribe
AmberP

Thank you for your answer! Yes, I am pretty good! Since it's a quarantine I am sending my time with my boys, 3 and 8 years old. We are playing a board game and reading a lot but have no idea what to do tomorrow. 

How are you spending your time?

Best wishes.