Need help now?

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

New member? Introduce yourself here!

Highlighted
Active scribe
WhaeaM

Re: New member? Introduce yourself here!

Hi Caroline

Your 18 year old sounds like my 13 year old in some sense!!  Good for you finding your way here.  Parenting is an unpredictable journey and we are very brave for being parents.  Love yourself today.  Cheers WhaeaM

Active scribe
Carolined

Thank you! I'm trying to keep my sense of humour - but at the moment it's a challenge. I'm also the sole sibling with my brother interstate, elderly parents living across the road, it feels like a perfect storm.

Active scribe
WhaeaM

Hi again Caroline

I am goinig to start a new thread called "Let's Talk" so if you want to hop onto it . all good.  

Cheers

WhaeaM

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Message contains a hyperlink

Awesome to see you started that thread WhaemM - here's a link to it . 

Star contributor
Jess1-RO

I can see we have a few new members- welcome to the ReachOut Parents forums! 

I thought I would tag our new members here so you can introduce yourselves @Anname @Instadad @JessicaAllcott @Xeompho 

If you aren't sure where to start, you can make a new discussion topic here to tell us a bit more about what is happening with your teens Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar here
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Welcome to our newest members  @Jellyfish @Nimmy @jacquiBowden @March and @braddles80

This is a space for you to introduce yourself and get to know other members of the community Smiley Happy we would love to hear from you!

Scribe
queenmama83

Hi there, I found out about reach out from one of my sleepless nights searching the internet, iam a mother of four who is currently going through a lot of issues with my 15 year old son and just wanted to chat with other parents who are going through similar tough times.
Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Hey there @queenmama83  - really glad that you found us. 

Sounds like things have been tough recently with your 15 yo -  sorry to hear you've been having sleepless nights Smiley Sad 

Do you want to share a bit more about what's been going on? 

There are lots of parents here struggling with different things going on in their families - it's a non judgmental space for support. Heart

Scribe
Celeste17

Re: New member? Introduce yourslf here!

It is good to hear that you got through the self harm worry. My 15yr old son is still in the thick of it and now trying turning to weed for relief. It is so hard to hear his pain and anger. I feel quiet lost and often wonder how he ended up here.
Star contributor
Jess1-RO

Re: New member? Introduce yourslf here!

Hi @Celeste17,

Thank you so much for reaching out at such a difficult time. It sounds like your son has a lot going on and is really struggling right now. I am wondering if you would be interested in sharing a bit more about what is happening? You can start a new discussion here  

There are also a few topics other parents have started that talk about teens turning to weed that you might find helpful @blondemum has started a topic yesterday here @workingdad2 spoke a while back about cannabis here and @ihavefailed made a topic here. You are definitely not alone Heart