Need help now?

Sending messages to your kids that they can see in the future

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
donyy

Hi, I am working to create a product for parents to better connect with their children. It is a mobile app that allows parents to send text, photos, videos, and audio to themselves, family members, and their children at desired points in the future up to 60 years, allowing families to relive memories and reconnect with the past. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in this app, and would you be willing to pay for the service?

Thanks for your time, Don

Parent/Carer Community Champion
gina-Ro

Re: Sending messages to your kids that they can see in the future

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi  @donyy , welcome to the RO Parents forum! 

Thank you for asking before posting any information about this app, as promoting or linking with any commercial or personal interests in mind is against our guidelines.

You can email us at hello@reachout.com with information about this product to see if it is something we can verify and link to.  

Otherwise, please use the forum for it's intended use as a space to get peer support as a parent. Heart

Casual scribe
Parent4

Re: Sending messages to your kids that they can see in the future

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi Don,

I am actually currently using an app that lets you do the same type of idea.

The AutoSender lets you schedule messages that will automatically be sent to the recipient at any set time in the future. This means you could schedule a message for 60 years from today, and they would still receive it.

From what I understand they are also working on a new feature to include images in those messages. And the messages are stored on their server, so no mater what happens to your phone in that time, the message will still send. 

I also use this for more immediate things, such as if I am going to be gone for certains times I will schedule a message to remind them of things such as taking their medicines, feeding the dog, etc.

You could check it out and see if it is anything like the app you are thinking of!