Need help now?

Today I'm grateful for...

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Contributor
Sophie-RO

Today I'm grateful for...

Gratitude/appreciation for the good things that happen in life is a really important part of building happiness. Some of the reported benefits are

• It’s an instant mood booster
  • You’re likely to enjoy your life more
  • It’s good for your physical health
  • It’s easier to cope with tough times

So I want to practice what I preach and get this started!

Today I'm grateful for all the parents who have jumped on to help us start, we couldn't do this without you!

Now your turn....

Super frequent scribe
Maggiemay

Re: Today I'm grateful for...

Today I am grateful for knowing a selfless and caring family that are opening their hearts to foster 7 year old twin boys who have had a rough start to life.  These boys now have a fantastic opportunity to experience a reaping and loving family life. 

Contributor
Mitzi

OK I have two for today:

• i'm grateful I went shopping to get all the ingredients to make a delicious dinner
  • I'm grateful that while I was walking home with my groceries I ran into an acquaintance whose son had very recently tried to commit suicide and I was able to tell him about ReachOut.
Super frequent scribe
tenacious_dad

Today I'm grateful for my mum and dad who have come to stay for a few days before heading off to the Kimberly coast for a few months. Yes... they are grey nomads!
Frequent scribe
StHubbins

.... my younger daughter who's today having her 18th birthday party. She's had her ups and downs, but she has turned into a wonderful young adult whom we are incredibly proud of.

========================================

New member? Introduce yourself here by answering our 5 question Q&A!
Contributor
readthemanual

Congratulations!

Contributor
readthemanual

Today I am grateful for my daughter who made me mather's day brunch and the fact that she always makes me brunch in weekends and holidays!

Founding member
ziggystarmum

Today I'm grateful for my family's health, we have had my neice staying with us this weekend, her younger  brother has brain cancer and is on round 5 of chemo in Sydney. Good to have her chill here with our girls for a few days Smiley Happy

Founding member
waldo_pepper

I have a loving family, a roof over my head and food on the table. Compared to a huge percentage of the world I've got it made and I try to always remember that.

Founding member
Poppa_bear

Just being here. Had a serious fight with cancer 2 yrs ago that nearly took me. All I wanted was to see my children grow up and make their own successful lives . So far I'm still standing and intend to for a long time yet 😎