Need help now?

We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: We're kicking off our Tuesday Night Chat!!! 8th August @ 8pm (EST)

Hahaha, I say the same thing @Snoopmum, but of course it's an idol threat! I try and hide things but our unit isn't that big. I love that - inhale a packet of timtams! 

My daughter's cheeky, but now I know her thinking so I'm going to be onto it!

Hey @LovingThruBlue! I'm glad you could make it Smiley Happy That must mean a bit of settled time? Fingers crossed!

Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

@taokat  wow fab she is topping some subjects..she must be a clever girl.  Would she drop maths eventually?  I am not suggesting she should but I know lots of kid do at the hsc time if they don't like it.

Thanks for asking about the forum.  I think I am getting the hang of it and I guess each time I login  I figure out a bit more.  Like you all at times life gets a bit hectic and don't do much.  There are some posts that I just don't feel qualified to answer but I guess that is normal too You are amazing and give some great answers

Super star contributor
taokat

Domestic Teenage Blindness! It's real! 

Can you believe it's nearly 9pm already?

We missed you @Ngaio-RO and @Beingme2017. I hope everything's okay. 

Highlighted
Star contributor
Zoesplace

Not fair @taokat your making me hungry and I just finished dinner!   I havent had jelly beans in maybe 20 years

Super star contributor
taokat

Yes, she is a clever girl @Snoopmum, and it frustrates me no end because she puts no effort in. She could do so well! But, she's leaving at the end of this year and wants to go to tafe and do IT, so I'm hoping by studying something she's interested in, she'll put her best effort in.

I think that's the best way with the forum, just to login, have a look around. If I like a response I'll make a note of what they've said or how they've said it, to help me in my replies. And it's perfectly okay not to answer posts you don't feel comfortable in doing so. Remember too though that it's okay to say to them you haven't got any advice but want to offer support and compassion as a parent. We don't always have to have the answers. 

And life happens, so I'm sure we'll all have times when we can't be on, and that's okay. 

Frequent scribe
Snoopmum

And on that note I will sign out.  Got a few things to do before I crash out.

Nice to chat.

Super star contributor
taokat

I LOVE jelly beans!! 

Well guys, our time has come to an end.

Thanks for joining in @Zoesplace@Snoopmum, and @LovingThruBlue Smiley Happy

This has been our very first Tuesday Night chat, so thanks for helping get us up and running! 

See you in the forum, and any questions @Snoopmum, don't hesitate to ask!

Hey @AeroGirl, I just saw a message box pop up Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe
AeroGirl

hello! I've just come in from playing Mum's taxi - and y youngest just came in from an overnight camp!

I'm sorry I missed the chocolate Smiley Very Happy

Super star contributor
taokat

Oh wow, I hope camp was thoroughly enjoyed @AeroGirl. Taxi driver is one of the many jobs I put down under the umbrella of parenthood haha. So underpaid!

I missed the chocolate too! I'm sure my daughter enjoyed it though Smiley Frustrated

We'll be back next week Smiley Happy

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Enjoyed our chat tonight. Thanks for organising @taokat