Need help now?

Who'd be up for an online chat night?!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Super star contributor
taokat
Solved!

Hi to all the parents at ReachOut! @Ngaio-RO has approached me with what I think is a fabulous idea - a weekly online chat night. We parents can get together for a real time chat about whatever we choose. Each week we could have a different topic, a dinner party? Between us all I'm sure we can come up with plenty of ideas. I'd like to put the feelers out there and gauge your interest in participating in the chat nights. Of course there is no commitment or expectation that anyone must attend every week. Although...fines would earn me some pocket money...Joking!! 

High fives to us by the way, because whatever state we have come here in!, we have all come here for the same reason - to learn how we can best support our teens. By sharing our stories, and a common goal, we're learning from one another and supporting each other, offering invaluable tools and strategies to get through these tough years in parenting. It can be a trying gig parenting these young people who act like, like **bleep** teenagers!!!

I look forward to hearing the communities feedback Smiley Happy

What are your thoughts? @motherbear@Red21@taziness@LovingThruBlue@Serapis22@mum2twins@hashtagmum@dazzlejazz@Graeme

Accepted Solutions
Super contributor
Ngaio-RO
Solution

Re: Who'd be up for an online chat night?!

Hey everyone,

I think all the ideas are amazing and I will definitely support @taokat by sending out reminder emails and being there during the chat to facilitate stuff.

My suggestion is to kick start it and then shape it as you go. Sometimes trying to meet everybody's needs from the beginning means that things get stalled.

What do you think?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Active scribe
mum2twins

@taokat sounds like a great idea.

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

Well, @taokat and @mum2twins that's at least three of us already!! Yay for us.

@taokat regarding what night it should be on, it's completely up to you guys to decide.

One option is to have it on Wednesday nights with the 3rd Wednesday of the month being the special event of the guest speaker. The bonus os that it's nice and easy for everyone to remember and schedule.

The downside is that if someone is not free on Wednesdays, then they're going to miss both the hangout and the guest speaker. 

idk thinking unsure think steve martin GIF

Super frequent scribe
Serapis22

I think weekly online chat night sounds great.
Taokat the idea of pocket money was hilariously funny.
What about who is your favorite singer?

Super frequent scribe
Big_Crab

Hi All, I think a weekly chat would be great. I'm sure we can come up with some interesting topics.
Super star contributor
taokat

Thank you so much @mum2twins@Serapis22 and @Big_Crab, I think we could get started! What do you think @Ngaio-RO? (Love your gif!)

So why don't we decide on our night? Wednesday would be practical to have us in the mode for guest speaker nights. My only issue is my daughter plays tennis Wednesdays and we're home around 7:30pm. Is that going to be too late for others? I must admit I'm not sure what time the guest speaker starts. 

I'm looking forward to it!

Super star contributor
taokat

@Serapis22 I like to keep myself amused lol. I'm glad you saw the humour too. A bit cheeky...

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

In answer to the start time question @taokat we try to have it from about 8PM - 9PM to allow for dinner times etc.

We also start that late to accommodate the different time zones. So an 8PM start Syd Eastern time is a 6PM start time in Perth.

But if we start much later than that it gets too late for the East coast people.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Contributor
LovingThruBlue

I'm in Smiley Happy 

Super star contributor
taokat

Great thanks for that @Ngaio-RO. I'm free each Wednesday then! How does Wednesday suit @LovingThruBlue@Big_Crab@Serapis22@mum2twins?