Need help now?

Who'd be up for an online chat night?!

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Who'd be up for an online chat night?!

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Who'd be up for an online chat night?!

Firstly @Ngaio-RO, my apologies for missing you on Wednesday night! It was my daughter's birthday and I took her and a friend out to dinner. Next time!

Awesome @hippychick, I'm so glad you'll be joining in. Can I suggest starting a new topic asking for suggestions for your son? It's a great question, and because we haven't set a start date for chat night as yet, I'd love to see you get some advice and support asap. 

I like your ideas @LovingThruBlue. My thoughts for the chat night are that we use it to catch up on how we've been coping as parents and in general, and be a support group for each other. I'd also like us to have some fun though, optimised by our choices of topics. Sometimes exactly what we need is to let everything go and enjoy and laugh. In saying that, if anyone is needing particular support on the night, I'd like us all to feel like we can bring it up and talk, no matter the chosen topic had been for that night. 

I'm thinking we don't want to take away from the forum or keep everyone's valuable knowledge limited to the chat night participants. Having our experiences and advice shared on the forum I have no doubts helps many more than just those who interact. Considering that I was thinking maybe we should leave new topics for the forum? Again though, I don't want anyone feeling like their are absolute limits for the night. 

What does everyone think?

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO
Solution

Hey everyone,

I think all the ideas are amazing and I will definitely support @taokat by sending out reminder emails and being there during the chat to facilitate stuff.

My suggestion is to kick start it and then shape it as you go. Sometimes trying to meet everybody's needs from the beginning means that things get stalled.

What do you think?

Highlighted
Super star contributor
taokat

I think that's a great idea @Ngaio-RO. Let's get it started and we can go from there!

Super star contributor
taokat

Hey @Ngaio-RO, I'm keen to get our chat night up and running. What do we do to get it started? Smiley Very Happy

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains a hyperlink

So sorry @taokat It took me a while to get back to you.

Ok, I've set up a Doodle so we can find the best night to schedule this on. As it says on the form, ignore the actual dates and click on the days of the week you can USUALLY make.  Even if you know you won't be able to make it at some future date, if it's usually ok, then click it.

Basically, the night with the most ticks will win! And it will start at 8 PM AEST until 9 PM AEST unless you guys decide to change it. Which is completely up to you!!

So, click here and put in your username and let us know what nights are ok.  Thank you so much!!

Super star contributor
taokat

No, that's okay @Ngaio-RO! I just thought we'd have a look at getting started, but I realise it needed work from your end, so no hurry! Just didn't want everyone forgetting either!

Super contributor
Ngaio-RO

Message contains an image

Thanks @taokat for driving this. We'll get there very soon!!

Thanks @Big_Crab for filling out the doodle.  Now we just need @LovingThruBlue  @hippychick  @mum2twins  @GrhRo and we'll have a good start.

Vidme dog cute puppy please GIF

Super star contributor
taokat

Fantastic, I see @BigCrab has put available days in too! 

Contributor
LovingThruBlue

Hi all. As you know I'm super keen for chat nights but can't tick the calendar because of my daughters hospital admission. For the next few weeks at least I'll be travelling back & forward between home/work & the hospital which is 6hrs away. Tricky. 

Super star contributor
taokat

Hi @LovingThruBlue, how are you coping with everything? You certainly have a lot on your plate, and that is such a long way to need to travel to see your daughter. I hope she is getting some benefit from her hospital stay and is feeling a bit better within herself.

I completely understand that at this time it's just impossible for you to attend the chat nights. We'd still love you to be part of it when you can, so even though that time isn't now, still put your days in as I still consider you a founding member of the group Smiley Happy

Take care for now.