Need help now?

Help with Partner's ex/mother of his children

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Help with Partner's ex/mother of his children

Casual scribe

Help with Partner's ex/mother of his children


I have been with my partner and his children who he has part time for 2 years now. I have always gotten along with the mother of his children after getting to know her in a very friendly way. They seperated in a very civil manor snd have always gone through a private agreement with child support. 


There has been an estimate given that is slightly higher than the current arrangement which has been $A the whole way through (which is very substansial). She is now demanding more money based off the estimate however out of good will and for his family when the estimate given by child support was signifantly lower (1/4 of) he payed the higher amount regardless meaning she was geeting 4 times the amount if they were to go through child support. 


Obviously he is quite upset and frustrated at her in this siutation for approaching this the way she has not keeping in mind the past over payments. I would hate for things to turn nasty between them or he somehow lose out on this arrangement despite him doing the better thing the whole time.


Any advise on any of how to handle or apporach this as his partner? Its not a nice situation to be in feeling so helpless.