Need help now?

Borderline personality 26 year old daughter told me she doesn’t want me to contact her

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Borderline personality 26 year old daughter told me she doesn’t want me to contact her

Casual scribe
Md6Kdr

Feeling lost. My 26 year old daughter got herself into a bad relationship with someone who has a drug addiction. My daughter wanted to help but everything came to a head and she had to put a protective order out on her. My husband and I were with her every step of that process. She got that done but then came over and was saying she couldn’t go back home and that she owed someone $ and she wasn’t asking but expecting me to pick up and clean her house and basically take over . I am so tired it’s been years of dealing with her back and forth emotions and she stopped taking her meds. My therapist has advised me to continue my boundaries but now I am worried about my daughter hurting herself .. just so hard for me .. any advice ? She has blocked me on everythingSmiley Sad and will not answer my texts or emails Smiley Sad
Active scribe
MAYC-RO

Re: Borderline personality 26 year old daughter told me she doesn’t want me to contact her

Hi @Md6Kdr 

I’m so sorry that you are having to deal with this, I can see how frustrating it would be to feel that you and your husband got her to a safe point with the protective order, only to then feel like you’re going backwards. Given your current concerns for your daughter’s safety, I would encourage you to contact your local emergency services.

It’s really good that you’re maintaining support from your therapist, and as you are based outside of Australia, I would recommend that you seek the resources of local health professional services and helplines if you need further support, but we're here to listen if you'd like to chat more.

Also, just so you know, I have moved your post to another section of the forums where it might be more likely to get support from other parents Smiley Happy

Casual scribe
Md6Kdr

Re: Borderline personality 26 year old daughter told me she doesn’t want me to contact her

Thank you