Need help now?

Difficult teen girl...I feel caught in the middle with family...

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Difficult teen girl...I feel caught in the middle with family...

Casual scribe
nance12

Re: Difficult teen girl...I feel caught in the middle with family...

Message contains a hyperlink
It must be very difficult to be facing this situation with your daughter and heart breaking to see how family members are treating her, despite the fact you can see it in her behaviour. BPD is a very complex disorder where the person often feels deep self loathing, and when they get triggered to feel this way, they will often act abrasively towards those who trigger these feelings. They often feel others are causing them to feel this way. So others will often feel they are attacked. The best thing to do when dealing with BPD is separate yourself from any reactions and see where it may becoming from, rather than react or take it personally. Here is some information that could help
https://goodmenproject.com/mental-health-awareness/how-to-deal-with-a-person-with-borderline-persona...

https://mental-health-matters.com/how-does-bpd-splitting-destroy-relationships/?fbclid=IwAR3O4BS99QM...
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: Difficult teen girl...I feel caught in the middle with family...

Hey @nance12, thanks for helping out and providing some extra information on the topic. It is amazing to increase awareness and educate ourselves on topics, especially mental health. We can always learn more. Just something to be mindful of - whilst there are similarities in symptoms of disorders and illnesses, how an individual presents can be unique and different from others with the same disorder or illness. It is recommended to get professional support and advice in order to tailor treatment and discussion to the individual and their presenting symptoms. It is important to hear the individual's experience first-hand to avoid stereotypes or the perpetuation of stigma Heart