Need help now?

Found a bong and som claims it is CBD not THC

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
JKCROW

I found a bong in my teens room. He had historically been using marijuana and has passed multiple Urine based drug tests. Claims it is CBD not THC that he is smoking. I still do not like it. I have the remnants of the CBD/THC leaves in the bong. Does anyone know of a lab that I can have test them? I want to trust him but I found synthetic urine in his room last week. I am concerned that he is good at tricking the urine tests. Thanks in advance for any help.
Contributor
Hannah-RO

Re: Found a bong and som claims it is CBD not THC

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @JKCROW 

This sounds like an intense and confronting situation you're going through at the moment. It can be really tough to find out teens are using substances and difficult to know what to do next. 

We have an article here about teens and cannabis which might have a couple of ideas on some potential next steps. Sorry I don't know of any labs where you might be able to have the remnants tested, and I understand you're concerned about him using synthetic urine. This article here has some great tips in it about having tough conversations that could be helpful in addressing some of your concerns with him. 

Is there anyone in your life that you've been able to chat to about what you're going through? Like another parent you know who might be able to offer some support? I can imagine finding the bong must have been quite a shock and it would be really hard carrying those feelings alone.

I'm also wondering if there are any professional supports you've tried to get some support around these issues? Sometimes visiting a GP can be a great first step in addressing where to go from here. Feel free to let us know how you go, all the best Heart