Need help now?

I can't handle this anymore

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Prolific scribe
Blake-RO

Re: I can't handle this anymore

Hey @allibullbull 

Thank you for sharing this with us and for being so honest. It sounds like it has been a really difficult time for you recently and I'm really glad that you have been able to share this with us all.

It sounds like this has been a lot for you to be dealing with and has been having a big impact on you and your mental health. I was wondering whether you have spoken to anyone about this or whether you have any supports from either a friend, family member, GP or mental health professional? It sounds like this is a lot to be dealing with and you deserve all the support available to you to help you navigate through this.

I was curious about whether your daughter has any other supports, or whether the school has been able to offer any support?

I know that you mentioned that things have been difficult with your daughter recently, and  was wondering if you felt comfortable sharing more about this and about what's been going on for you and your daughter recently?

I was also wondering whether you have been able to use any coping strategies, or if there was anything you could do to help priorities your wellbeing and take care of yourself?

Thank you again for being so honest. Remember that we are all here to listen and support you as much as we can and that you don't have to do this alone.

Also we have sent you a quick email to check in, can you please keep an eye out for it?

Best of luck

Casual scribe
murphysmith

Re: I can't handle this anymore

Message contains a hyperlink

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing with your daughter's depression. It's important to remember that her behavior likely manifests her pain and struggles. Encourage her to seek professional help, such as therapy or book a psychologist, and let her know you're there to support her. Taking care of your well-being during this challenging time is also crucial.