Need help now?

My daughter has been harassed what do I do?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
WorriedMomOfOne

My 15 year old daughter told me that she had been harassed at her school it has been going on since December of last year and a month ago a teacher found out and separated her from the teen who did it, her mood also has changed drastically, she cries more easily…what can I do? She has autism and adhd and she is on the spectrum. She also is bullied and has no friends and she may have depression.

Prolific scribe
Portia_RO

Re: My daughter has been harassed what do I do?

Hi @WorriedMomOfOne , we're really glad that you reached out for some support. I'm sorry to hear that your daughter has been experiencing harassment at school. it's very concerning to hear that it has been going on for such an extended period, but reassuring to know that her teacher is aware of what's going on and has taken some steps towards managing the situation where they can.

It sounds as though this harassment has definitely taken a toll on your daughter's mental health, which is certainly understandable. Is she ever reluctant to go to school because of it? It's great to hear that she's opened up to you about what is going on, it sounds as though there is a lot of trust between the two of you. You mentioned that your daughter has ADHD, autism and possibly depression, so I'm curious as to whether she is currently receiving any support from a psychologist or school counsellor? It seems like she could definitely benefit from the chance to talk through what she's experienced and learn some new strategies for managing the intense emotions and changes in mood that are coming along with it. 

We'll be sending you an email to check in shortly, so keep an eye on your inbow Heart

Casual scribe
WorriedMomOfOne

Re: My daughter has been harassed what do I do?

We were able to resolve the issue