Need help now?

Teenage boys and getting physically hurt brings them to to tears?

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Casual scribe
Cay123

Hi I’m a mom of basically 4 teenage boys 12,13,14 and 16 in age and I was wondering how often it is they cry after getting hurt because my 14 year old son came home the other day crying his eyes out, he had been at the skate park with his friends and he’ed fallen on his head and shoulder. Him being in so much pain he came in and hugged telling me he fell and everything, I could barely understand him he was crying so hard. Anyways after about 15-20 minutes of crying he calmed down and said I “love you mommy” before going to his room. I mean I loved the I love you mommy cuz I hadn’t heard that in years. Later I took him to the er and all was fine just bumps and scratches.
But this makes me think how often do teenage boys cry because until this none of them cried from pain for atleat 4/5 year unless I didn’t know about it. So my question is how often do teenage boys cry from getting physically hurt? And I wanna here your story’s about your teen sons.
Thank you from reading,
Cay123

Highlighted
Super contributor
Taylor-RO

Re: Teenage boys and getting physically hurt brings them to to tears?

Hi @Cay123, thanks for sharing. I am sorry to hear that your son has had such a negative experience at the skate park. That must have been really difficult to see him cry and be in so much pain. However, it is great to hear that he was checked out at the emergency department and was all fine except for some bumps and scratches. It is also heart warming to know that he was able to come to you for support and comfort in his time of need. To answer your question about crying, it depends on a whole lot of factors and each person is different. It could even depend on the day, how he is feeling and whatever else is going on for him. It seems that you are conscious of this change in behaviour and what it might mean for your sons. How would you feel about opening up the conversation about pain and crying with your son/s? You might be able to start this by sharing your own experience first to break the ice Smiley Happy