Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mod
Marimo-RO
Solution

Re: out of control

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Irscott1980,

Welcome to the ReachOut Parents and Carers Community. Thank you for your courage in sharing your experience. I can see how stressful and concerning it can be to see your teenager act in a very volatile manner. I'm also sorry to hear that this has put a strain on your relationship with your husband. It's understandable that your overall health has been negatively impacted and that you're feeling exhausted. Nonetheless, I want to acknowledge your clear efforts in providing the support your teenager may need e.g. by moving schools and setting up counselling sessions. The strength, resolve and resilience you have shown so far is nothing short of amazing.

You've mentioned that your teenager wants to speak to his father during arguments. Have you had a chance to express what has been happening for you to your partner?

Balancing everyone's needs will make any parent feel drained and burnt out and I'm wondering if you have any supports for yourself at the moment?

If you need one-on-one counselling support, Parentline can offer confidential counselling. We also have a Parent Coaching service that provides online support for parents. Additionally, Kids Helpline may also be helpful for your family if you notice that your other children are being affected by what has happened.

We will also be sending you an email to check in on you further.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mod
Marimo-RO
Solution

Re: out of control

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Irscott1980,

Welcome to the ReachOut Parents and Carers Community. Thank you for your courage in sharing your experience. I can see how stressful and concerning it can be to see your teenager act in a very volatile manner. I'm also sorry to hear that this has put a strain on your relationship with your husband. It's understandable that your overall health has been negatively impacted and that you're feeling exhausted. Nonetheless, I want to acknowledge your clear efforts in providing the support your teenager may need e.g. by moving schools and setting up counselling sessions. The strength, resolve and resilience you have shown so far is nothing short of amazing.

You've mentioned that your teenager wants to speak to his father during arguments. Have you had a chance to express what has been happening for you to your partner?

Balancing everyone's needs will make any parent feel drained and burnt out and I'm wondering if you have any supports for yourself at the moment?

If you need one-on-one counselling support, Parentline can offer confidential counselling. We also have a Parent Coaching service that provides online support for parents. Additionally, Kids Helpline may also be helpful for your family if you notice that your other children are being affected by what has happened.

We will also be sending you an email to check in on you further.