Message contains no text

Accepted Solutions
Mod
Bel_RO
Solution

Re: Daughter taking from family then lying

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @Anonymous,

Welcome back to ReachOut’s parent and carer community!

I can see how challenging it has been to address and manage your daughter's behaviours which are impacting everyone in the family. It also sounds like you have noticed a number of other changes in your daughter's behaviour that is a cause for concern, particularly around her mental health and wellbeing. It is understandable you are concerned for her and the impact these changes are also having on your other children.

I can hear that you’ve also made attempts to explain to your daughter how the effects of her actions are hurting her siblings. I want to take a moment to commend you for taking the time to communicate this with your daughter as it can be difficult to do so with young people. It must have been disappointing to see these conversations didn't lead to any change. It may also be very taxing keeping a close eye on your daughter whilst also supporting your other children through this challenging time. I am curious to know how your children are coping currently?

You have also been able to discern that your daughter's mental health and wellbeing has declined. I am interested to know if you have noticed other changes in behaviour or her mood that have concerned you? It might be helpful to checkout these topics on Wellbeing and teenagers, and talking to teens about mental health if you are planning a conversation around your concerns. Both of these resources can help you plan for conversations to address her mental health changes.

Sometimes it can be tough to support your young person when they’re going through a challenging time, so I am wondering if you have any support? If you are interested in additional support, Beyond Blue and Headspace offer free and confidential counselling, online and over the phone for young people and parents of young people.

I also want to let you know that I have had to edit your post as the last sentence breached community guidelines. You can find out more about our guidelines here.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mod
Bel_RO
Solution

Re: Daughter taking from family then lying

Message contains a hyperlink

Hey @Anonymous,

Welcome back to ReachOut’s parent and carer community!

I can see how challenging it has been to address and manage your daughter's behaviours which are impacting everyone in the family. It also sounds like you have noticed a number of other changes in your daughter's behaviour that is a cause for concern, particularly around her mental health and wellbeing. It is understandable you are concerned for her and the impact these changes are also having on your other children.

I can hear that you’ve also made attempts to explain to your daughter how the effects of her actions are hurting her siblings. I want to take a moment to commend you for taking the time to communicate this with your daughter as it can be difficult to do so with young people. It must have been disappointing to see these conversations didn't lead to any change. It may also be very taxing keeping a close eye on your daughter whilst also supporting your other children through this challenging time. I am curious to know how your children are coping currently?

You have also been able to discern that your daughter's mental health and wellbeing has declined. I am interested to know if you have noticed other changes in behaviour or her mood that have concerned you? It might be helpful to checkout these topics on Wellbeing and teenagers, and talking to teens about mental health if you are planning a conversation around your concerns. Both of these resources can help you plan for conversations to address her mental health changes.

Sometimes it can be tough to support your young person when they’re going through a challenging time, so I am wondering if you have any support? If you are interested in additional support, Beyond Blue and Headspace offer free and confidential counselling, online and over the phone for young people and parents of young people.

I also want to let you know that I have had to edit your post as the last sentence breached community guidelines. You can find out more about our guidelines here.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.