Need help now?

Moody, unmotivated and socially dysfunctional 9 yo

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
NazmiS
Solved!

My kid has always been peculiar and a bit difficult to handle, but after covid's impact, everything got much worse...

He lost interest in his hobbies and went from being really moody to apathetic, we were afraid he was getting depressed.

We got him into therapy (he hated it but things got a bit better nonetheless).

After that, we tried to look for something that could have similar effects but be more enjoyable for him.

We found a group platform for kids, he's only at his third session but we already see improvements in how he copes with his emotions.

He also asked us to go to the library again after months without touching a book and he's really connecting with the kids and the coach he met on the platform.

I just wanted to share it in case anyone is going through something similar, I hope you'll find it useful!

Accepted Solutions
Super contributor
Taylor-RO
Solution

Re: Moody, unmotivated and socially dysfunctional 9 yo

Hi @NazmiS, thank you so much for sharing. We are sorry to hear that your son has been struggling, especially with the impact of COVID. It is really amazing that you have found something that works for your son and have noticed improvements.

Just so you know, we had to edit the link out of your post as we don't allow others to post links that promote buisnesses.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super contributor
Taylor-RO
Solution

Re: Moody, unmotivated and socially dysfunctional 9 yo

Hi @NazmiS, thank you so much for sharing. We are sorry to hear that your son has been struggling, especially with the impact of COVID. It is really amazing that you have found something that works for your son and have noticed improvements.

Just so you know, we had to edit the link out of your post as we don't allow others to post links that promote buisnesses.