Need help now?

Moral : me or her for child custody

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Bakrio0os

Hello everyone
I reached a point with wife that life is bearable and i want to divorce. I am not here to discuss why and how to fix , the question is about our baby girl.
We are different nationalities and we live in different country so in case of divorce she will go back to her home country and i will stay where i work now.
Where i am, i have the legal power to take 100% custody of child, i feel its wrong our 1 year baby girl still needs her mother. In the same time i dont want her to live away from me , additionally i am afraid my wife go back home , little by little she will take her away and just disappear.
I am in either me or her situation,, any advise ?!
Prolific scribe
Courtney-RO

Re: Moral : me or her for child custody

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Bakrio0os and welcome to the online community!

I'm sorry to hear that you have reached a point where you are now looking at divorce and having to think about the future of your baby girl. It sounds like such a difficult situation to navigate on your own, so I want to say well done on reaching out. I can hear just how concerned you are about having your daughter live away from you and I can only imagine how overwhelming that must be. You mentioned that you were worried about your wife taking her away little by little and just disappear, I am just wondering if you feel like your wife might be open to something like a co-parenting plan?

I am also wondering if you have had the chance to talk to anyone about your concerns? It might be helpful for you to talk through your concerns with a professional, such as a counsellor or psychologist. As we are located in Australia, we unfortunately cannot provide you with any specific referrals, but it sounds like it might be worthwhile looking into some telephone counselling services/helplines available for you in your area. It might also be helpful to check out this guide from the Raising Children Network on co-parenting (this is an Australian website, so keep in mind that there may be a few external resources that may not be the right fit for you if you're outside Australia).

Thanks for posting here, and let us know how you're getting on Smiley Happy