Parent and Teens Wellbeing Activity: Role modelling a healthy physical activity routine
07-24-2019 02:27 PM
Physical activity and focus on exercise
Regular physical activity is important for all aspects of wellbeing. Role modelling a healthy relationship with exercise can be a great way for parents and teens to improve their overall health and wellbeing.
This fortnight's wellbeing activity focuses on building a healthy exercise routine into your life, and encouraging your teen to do the same!
Physical activity has heaps of amazing benefits for mental wellbeing:
- It helps with the release of endorphins
- It can help you sleep better at night
- It can make you feel more energised
- It can help you socialise if you exercise with someone else
- A sense of accomplishment
Whether it is walking, swimming, running, dancing, doing yoga, playing sport or going to the gym… however you engage in physical activity, have a conversation with your teen and commit to some activities you will both do this fortnight to improve your physical wellbeing.
- What activities/exercise do you do to maintain your physical health?
- How do your teens engage in physical activity?
Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here