Need help now?

Ab Fab Friday's - What are your favourite things about your teen/s? 8th December @8pm (AEDST)

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Ab Fab Friday's - What are your favourite things about your teen/s? 8th December @8pm (AEDST)

Super star contributor
taokat

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What are your favourite things about your teen/s? 8th December @8pm (AEDST)

What are your favourite things about your son @the_ant65

Contributor
Nick-RO

Re: Ab Fab Friday's - What are your favourite things about your teen/s? 8th December @8pm (AEDST)

I am actually quite proud - If I think back to my own teen years (and granted it was long ago) I have really strong memories of being awkward, self-conscious and nervous - maybe these are just the ones that stuck.  It seems like my son's generation have found ways to deal with those feelings in a much better way than I did back in the day Smiley Wink

Super star contributor
taokat

I'm going to jump in again. Something else I love about my daughter are her interests and motivation for things she enjoys. She's teaching herself Swedish at the moment - just because!! 

Contributor
Nick-RO

That is so cool @taokat

Star contributor
Zoesplace

@Nick-RO Yeah, I agree with you.  I think there is a sense of confidence in this generation, that wasn't there when I was growing up

Super frequent scribe
the_ant65

Fab things about my son.
He been trying hard to get back to school. Although this week was trying as he injured his back again.
He can hold a good conversation when he wants to.
Super star contributor
taokat

That's so lovely @Nick-RO

Maybe it's having parents they can open up and talk to? 

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Wow @taokat learning another language 'just because' that's impressive!  What made your daughter decide to learn Swedish?

Super star contributor
taokat

Your son is certainly doing an amazing job with his efforts @the_ant65. That is huge! I'm so sorry to hear he's injured himself. I can imagine that's had an impact on his ability to get there. I hope he's ok.

Great conversation with our teens can be so amazing hey! They're interesting creatures Smiley Happy

Star contributor
Zoesplace

Being able to hold a good conversation is a huge benefit @the_ant65 Something your son can use all his life and in all situations...  Wish I could do that!