Need help now?

Cutting ties with my 23 yo daughter

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Bluepools

Cutting ties with my 23 yo daughter

Hi, I have also had to cut ties with my 23 year old daughter just recently … I feel like I have nothing left and can’t continue to cop the abuse …
The impact this has on the rest of the family is enormous… I don’t think I have reached sadness yet as I am so done with being treated so badly ..

Frequent scribe
Emily-RO

Re: Cutting ties with my 23 yo daughter

Message contains a hyperlink

Thank you for sharing this with us @Bluepools  

It sounds like what you are going through is very difficult at the moment and we're glad that you can talk about it here. I am sorry to hear about your daughter and it sounds like a very difficult time for both you and her. Would you like to share more about what has happened?

I want to check in and make sure that you are supported during this difficult time. Do you have any supports for yourself? (e.g. friends, other family or professional support). Would you be open to us exploring some options with you? There are some helplines for parents that may be supportive.

There are many members of our community that have been through similar experiences. You are not alone and we're glad that you're here.

Casual scribe
Crystals_Mother

Re: Cutting ties with my 23 yo daughter

Its extremely hard to cut ties (I have had to do this with my BPD 29 year old daughter and my treasured 2 year old granddaughter) but you are absolutely right - the abuse becomes intolerable.   Life goes on like a river and there will be days when you wish you could turn back time and days when you just want to curl up in a ball but there are also days, which become more frequent, in which you feel relief and a sense of freedom.

I hope you find peace with your decision.    It is the right decision.