Need help now?

parent online peer support group for teens with mental health problems

Discussion forum for parents in Australia

Scribe
Rainbow24

Hello, I am looking for an online parent community/regular online peer support group to help me feel less isolated with dealing with my teenager's mental health issues. Does anyone know of one? Maybe this site is it? If so any tips on using it so there is regular contact with some of the same parents would be helpful. Thank you. 

Super frequent scribe
Dem--RO

Re: parent online peer support group for teens with mental health problems

Message contains a hyperlink

Hi @Rainbow24 and welcome to the Parents Forum, we hope that you are able to find the support you need from our community Heart

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling so isolated, please know that you are not alone, and that there are other parents who are experiencing similar issues.

SANE Australia offer a mix of counselling, peer support, and groups.

If you do feel like you would like some one-on-one support, Parent Line is a really good resource that is able to provide support from trained counsellors over the phone.

There is also the option of personalised parenting support via Reach Out, more info is available here.

Family Services Australia also has some options that may interest you, as well as Carers Australia

Regarding your teen's mental health issues, have you looked into getting a Mental Health Care Plan through your GP?

Here are some articles about communicating with, and being supportive of, your teen. These may be a good starting point until you are able to connect with more direct support.

Please take care of yourself, and keep us posted as to how you are feeling.